Latest Guides

Public Safety

Victim Escapes Injury After Driver Accelerates Toward Him

Published on Tuesday, May 19, 2026 | 8:56 am
 
@OpenStreetMap

A 20-year-old man was nearly struck by a vehicle during an assault with a deadly weapon incident Tuesday afternoon, according to Pasadena Police Lieutenant Anthony Russo.

Russo reported the assault occurred at 2:02 p.m. yesterday at Walnut Street and Los Robles Avenue, where officers responded after the victim said a man attempted to run him over.

According to Russo, the victim — a 20-year-old man from Burbank — told officers he had been standing in a cashier line inside a store when a man next to him accused him of cutting in line. Russo said the suspect, described as a 61-year-old Altadena man, waited for the victim outside, where a verbal confrontation followed.

Russo stated the suspect then entered a gray Subaru Impreza, drove toward the victim and “nearly struck him.” The suspect stopped, got out of the vehicle, and engaged in a second altercation before fleeing, Russo reported.

The victim was not injured but was “shaken by the incident,” according to Russo. He confirmed no other weapons were used besides the vehicle.

Officers are continuing to investigate, Russo said.

Get our daily Pasadena newspaper in your email box. Free.

Get all the latest Pasadena news, more than 10 fresh stories daily, 7 days a week at 7 a.m.